Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Birthday, Anna!

Anna is 3 years old today! It's hard for Matt and me to believe we have a 3 year old daughter now. We were just reflecting that if you had told us 5 years ago we'd be celebrating our 15th anniversary in Michigan with our 3 year old while Matt attends Calvin Theological Seminary we would have laughed! Yet, here we are. God is amazing!
Friday night Anna spent the evening with friends (and went bowling for the 1st time) while Matt and I went out for dinner to celebrate our 15th anniversary. Much of Saturday morning and early afternoon were spent getting ready for Anna's birthday party. Her cousins, Grandma, and aunts and uncles came over later in the afternoon. Her cousin Jenny had her 8th birthday on Friday, so we did a little of a combined party. Jenny and Anna got to open presents and we sang Happy Birthday to each of them. Anna thoroughly enjoyed having so many people around. Anna requested a castle birthday cake. Matt and I had fun putting that together. (By the time we were ready to eat it, the cake was getting a little lopsided, but it was still pretty cool.) Anna and Jenny had dressed up like princesses for awhile and Anna still had her outfit on when we were getting ready to eat cake--very appropriate.
Today Matt, Anna, and I had a nice breakfast together. Then we gave her presents from us and played with them all morning. We celebrated at Red Robin for lunch. Anna was a little embarrassed when they sang to her, but had a blast. Since we had such a busy weekend (we were gone all day yesterday--Matt preached at Second Fremont CRC and we spent the day with Case and Karen Admiraal), I think this afternoon and evening will be pretty mellow.

Our beautiful 3 year old with picture bear!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Anna! Wow, it is hard to believe how much can change in just a few short years :-) Change is good though! Take care!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Anna! What a big girl.

Laura Kuperus said...

Happy Birthday Anna! You're a sweet, special little girl. Happy Anniversary to your mom and dad too!

Ron and Alice said...

Happy Birthday Anna. Wow you are three already!! What a blessing! Happy Anniversary too Matt and Gail. Just this little tidbit - I still remember when I saw you sitting in church together and I thought "they are sitting too close" I found out after church you were dating. How wonderful. Has that really been 15 years. God's blessings to you. How special you could preach at Pastor Case's church!

The VM Family said...

Happy Birthday Anna! Once again, I sure wish you lived closer. Our 3 year olds would have so much fun together! Their 3rd birthdays even had a lot in common: castle cake, Red Robin, time dressed as a princess...